EPISODE #4, HOW TO BUILD A CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM
This post is more than just self-indulgence. I'm speaking with one of my favorite leaders I know. He just happens to be my son's high school football coach. John Ford is the head football coach for the Roswell Hornets. The Hornets are coming off an undefeated regular season that led to an appearance at the 6A State Championship at the Georgia Dome this last December. In our podcast we discuss....
- when he knew he wanted to be a coach.
- coaches that had an influence on him
- the importance of respect
- process over results
- highlights of the 2015 season
- personal challenges
- his role as a teacher and a coach
- his aspirations for our football culture in the future
- differences in parents' and a coach's agenda.
- plans for the 67th Roswell team.